HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sidetracked with a good book

Life came to a screeching halt this week. My BGF gave me the book The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Typically, I try not to pick up novels unless I'm heading into a long weekend or vacation since I've been known to completely ignore life while I'm caught up in a good book.

I didn't mean to get sucked in. I just planned to read a chapter or two.... kind of a running start on our upcoming spring vacation.

The book held my full attention. It took most of my waking moments and a few of the sleeping ones. The story (while fictional) portrays the dawn of Civil Rights.

I LOVE anything related to history.

I also love writers who can paint pictures with their words. Oh how I wish I had been given that talent.

The good news is that I have returned from the land of blissful reading. We've been working on several new projects and this book derailed any chance of sharing them with you this week. Next week is looking much more promising.

3 comments:

Lori Holt said...

I did the same thing with this book...I could NOT put it down. Right up my reading alley...it was soooo good!
I came over to see what you are up to and to say hi!
It looks like things are well with you and your creative self!...
happy everything,
Lori

Stories by Me! said...

Great minds think alike! Right? Wonderful to hear from you. Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Beth said...

This is one of those books that is great from page 1 and worth putting your life on hold for a bit!